2018 Twilight Eventing is coming soon!
April 11, 25
Mid-week Blues? Quick, fun, casual - never get bored at Twilight Eventing!
Registration is available until the Friday before the Event! We have an Elementary division, too, so bring the youngsters (4-legged and 2-legged)!
We will be running 3 dressage rings offering dressage tests, "Fix A Tests" and CTs (Combined Test: Dressage and SJ only). Extra show jump rounds are available.
You can also come and just do a XC round. Let us know which test/level you want (USDF Intro, USDF Training or BN - P/T) when you email us your waiver and coggins.
Elementary (2'-2'3" - USDF Intro C dressage test)
BN (Beginner Novice Test A dressage)
Novice (Novice Test A dressage)
Training (Training Test A dressage)
Prelim/Training division (Prelim Test A, small ring 20m x 40m), Prelim SJ offered only if we have at least 6 entries, some prelim options on XC.
-You can request the alternate test for Elem through Training if desired
- Twilight HT - all 3 phases: $90
- CT: $55
- Dressage Test only: $35
- Dressage Fix A test only: $50 (includes 2 tests)
- SJ Round: $20
- Cross Country Round: $55
There will be a $15 late fee on EACH entry if you enter after Friday at midnight. This includes INCOMPLETE entries.
Can't ride? Sign up to volunteer!! We love our volunteers!
About Twilight Eventing
- Have ALL your gear required for the three phases and your horse. You will need to be finished your entire event within 30 minutes of your dressage time.
- After your warm up, proceed to your Dressage arena ready to start at your appointed time. Late arrivals will not be honored. Dressage is run and scored under the same rules as for USEA events.
- Put on your horse's SJ boots, warm up over a few jumps in the warm up area and proceed to the SJ arena.
- SJ is run and scored under the same rules as for USEA events.
- Change your horse's boots, put on your vest and proceed to the start of the cross-country course.
- If riding multiple horses, bring a groom to handle your horses between rides. The compressed format makes it difficult to be on time for multiple rides without assistance.
- We always start with P/T level and end with Elementary.
- You may ride your entire event (including dressage) in your XC attire (bridle, saddle, vest, boots etc.)
You will start this shortened course of up to 1700m and 15 to 18 jump efforts again under nearly* the same rules and scoring as USEA events.
*(Each XC Jump effort has a choice of Elementary (2'-2'3"), BN .79m (2'-7"), N .90m (2'-11"), T 1.0m (3'-3"), or P/T up to 1.1m (3'-7"). Choose any 1 of these at each jump number. A fall and you are eliminated. If you are having trouble at a particular fence, and another rider is coming up, please move to the side to allow the other rider to continue.
- You should have completed your whole event within 30 min of the start time.
- Dress for all phases the same as you would for Cross-Country.
- The course maps will be available at http://www.mycoursewalk.com
- The course will not be the same for each event
- This is a schooling experience. No ribbons.
General Event Conditions & Information
- Run under USEA eventing rules, except as noted above in "About Twilight Eventing"
- The organizing committee reserves the right to restrict entries as necessary, alter classes and prize money as required and to refuse any entries without explanation.
- Medical arms bands are required for all jumping phases
- Paper pinny #'s will be provided - please bring a pinny holder.
- Entry status will be emailed to you and posted on the website.
- No scores recorded in jumping phases. Final scores on dressage tests may not be calculated.
Special Event Conditions
- Pay by credit card (on website), check or cash.
- Payment must be received by Friday prior to the event to secure your place.
- Refunds – will only be given if someone fills your place from the wait list. If there is no Waitlist there will be NO REFUND!
- Timetable – to be run in a shortened eventing format as explained below. Event starts at approximately 4:00 pm.
- Additional Dates for the Series may be announced. Check calendar at www.themarylandhorsetrials.com. Space is limited.
Times are emailed or posted the Monday before the event.
- Scores will be posted on the website.
- Once a class is full or you are a late entry, you may be wait listed until a scratch occurs.
Please note rule change: A rider MAY NOT enter more than ONE horse per level without prior approval from the secretary.