We will be holding a special event, called the "Donation Derby". Bring a can or a coat on Dec. 20, 2014 (rain date Dec. 21). A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Frederick Rescue Mission, along with the items donated.
Come out and ride the Derby course in your division, starting at 10am with Training, followed by Novice at 11am, Beginner Novice at noon and Elementary at 1pm. Ribbons and prizes will be awarded for each division as well as our Christmas Spirit Costume Contest for horse and rider.
Get your teams together for the relay. Put $10 in the jackpot. Any level riders can be together. Winner takes all in the Jackpot relay. Any level riders can be together!
Along with this fun event get your friends together for team challenges, prizes, and a Christmas Spirit Costume Contest (for horse & rider).
Donation Derby Details:
- Derby Format
- Start Time: 10 a.m. with Training, Novice, Beginner Novice, and Elementary (in that order)
- Derby Fee: $50 (part of proceeds to Frederick Rescue Mission) AND a canned food item, coat, or both!
- Runs on all 3 all-weather footing rings
- Training/Novice Map
- Beginner Novice/Elem Map
Jackpot Team Relay Details:
- Each rider on the team will be stationed in 1 of three rings for the hand off.
- Rider#1 will start, jumping fences 1-7 and hand off to rider#2, who will jump fences 8-13B.
- Rider #2 will hand off to rider#3, who will head to the finish after jumping fences 14-20. The fastet team wins and takes home the jackpot!
- Two or three riders per team. If two riders only, Rider #1 must hustle to the #3 starting position after the first hand-off!
Jackpot Relay Rules
- All Jackpot participants must have ridden in a regular Donation Derby division.
- Fastest time wins the Jackpot.
- Missed jump constitutes team elimination.
- Two (2) second penalty per rail knock-down
- Five (5) second penalty per refusal
- Two (2) second penalty for leaving designated baton hand-off area before receiving baton. Rider must return to designated area and re-start, or team is eliminated.
- If baton is dropped, rider must dismount and retrieve. Clock will not stop.
- All stadium fences will be set to Elementary (2'-2'3"). Course is the BN/Elem track - jump any height you please.
Course lengths and speeds (OPT for individual divisions only, not jackpot):
Training - 1740 m @425 mpm. Optimum time: 4 min 5 sec
Novice - 1740 m @ 375 mpm. Optimum time: 4 min 38 sec
Beginner Novice - 1595 m @ 350 mpm. Optimum time: 4 min 34 sec
Elementary - 1595 m @ 325 mpm. Optimum time: 4 min 55 sec
Christmas Spirit Costume Contest
Get clever, get creative - get in the spirit! Best horse/rider pair and a runner up pair will be chosen from all Derby participants. (Just make sure it's safe to jump in!)
Get in the holiday spirit of helping others, while enjoying the day at Loch Moy!
Or enter on