ATTENTION! The January XDerby is CANCELED. Refunds less the $10 office fee will be issued.
XDerby Refunds: Through late closing day - refund less a $10 office fee. After late closing - no refunds, credits or transfers. If there is a wait list, full refunds will be issued to any scratch whose spot can be filled off the wait list.
|Show Date||Closing Date||Online Entry|
January 8-9/15-16, 2022
|March 5-6, 2022||2/25/2022||ONLINE ENTRY|
Description of MDHT Cross XDerby courses: All rings will have cross country obstacles you would find on a typical competition course with show jump obstacles mixed in. The objective is to establish a rhythm over solid jumps in reliable consistent footing. Optimum times will be posted on day of XDerby. Logs/xrails through Modified. Schooling session before each division to school over the competition jumps beforehand. We will be starting with Logs/xrails and moving up so as to allow competitors to "move up" if desired. $105/round (includes schooling session) $35 for Logs/xrails (March only)
|Level||Jumping Efforts||Course Length (appx)||Speed*|
|Logs / Small Cross Rails***||10 - 12**||TBA||250 mpm (can be led)|
|Elementary (2' - 2'3")||12 - 15**||TBA||300 mpm|
|Beginner Novice (2'7" max)||15 - 18**||TBA||325 mpm*|
|Novice (2'11" max)||20 - 22**||TBA||350 mpm*|
|Training (3'3" max)||22+**||TBA||375 mpm*|
|Modified (3'5" max)||23+**||TBA||400 mpm*|
*The XDerby speeds are slightly higher than regular SJ to incorporate a better flow over the cross country jumps.
** Subject to change
Schedule and Order of Go
The MDHT XDerby will follow USEF rules for Cross Country dress and tack. All Riders must wear ASTM/SEI approved helmet, protective vests, and medical armband. Willful delay will be enforced. Competitors may enter more than one level but would be expected not to enter their horses less than one level below which they are currently competing. No coaching during competition, but highly encouraged in our schooling sessions.
There will be an audible signal to start. Fall of horse or rider during jumping phase is immediate elimination and you must leave the course.
- Knock Down – 5 points
- 1st Refusal – 10 points
- 2nd Refusal – 20 points
- 3rd refusal – 30 points
- Fall of Competitor or Horse – Elimination
- 4 Refusals on Whole Course – Elimination
- Skipping or missing a fence – Elimination
- Willful Delay, as defined by USEF rules – 8 points
- A circle between fences will count as a refusal. A circle before Fence 1 after crossing the flags is allowed but will count against time. Crossing start flags a second time in this instance only is permitted if space is required.
- Exceeding time limit – Elimination
- Leaving course (arena) – Elimination
- Not going through start or finish flags – Elimination
- Unauthorized assistance - Elimination
- Combinations numbered "AB" will be as per Stadium Rules, i.e., if "B" is refused, "A" must be re-jumped on second presentation.
|Time Penalties Table|
|1 to 10 seconds under OPT – 1 point/sec||1 to 10 seconds over OPT – 2 points/sec|
|11 to 20 seconds under OPT – 2 points/sec||11 to 20 seconds over OPT – 4 points/sec|
|21 or more seconds under OPT – 3 points/sec||21 or more seconds over OPT – 6 points/sec|
- Optimum time (OPT) and course length will be posted for each division.
- Time starts/ends when horse and rider go through the start/finish flags.
- Any actions/events involving horse, rider or other persons not laid out herein are understood to be be governed by the 2020 USEF eventing rules.
- We schedule at 2-minute intervals but please be ready before your time in case we move along faster.
- 8 Ribbons per division (Prizes for 1st - 3rd)
- Scoring: Penalties in jumping are added to the time penalties to determine placing for each division. Closest to optimum time with lowest jump and time penalties wins. Ties are broken by lowest jump penalties or, if jump penalties are equal, by being closest to optimum time without going over.
Please note - unsportsmanlike conduct directed towards anyone at any time will result in removal from the competition and show grounds. This applies to competitors, parents/guardians, and coaches.
- XDerby Refund Policy: Through closing day - full refund. Through late closing day - credit for next event, less a $25 change fee. After late closing - no refunds or credits. If there is a wait list, full refunds or credits will be issued to any scratch whose spot can be filled off the wait list.
- Payment should be made by credit card on Compete Easy App when entering any event.
- Any returned check for extra rounds or other activities will be subject to a $50 returned check fee – no exceptions.
- We must RECEIVE your entry and payment by closing date. Entries submitted or paid for after closing will pay a $25 late fee, if space is available. Compete Easy does not allow you to submit incomplete entries.
- LIMITED SPACE available. Sign up early! Our XDerbies frequently fill BEFORE the closing date!
- We will be restricting the sizes for each schooling and division.
- A schooling period will be offered before each division. There will be a short arena familiarization before the Logs/Crossrails division.
- Extra "day of" rounds, if space allows, will be run HC and cost $70. Check in with the starter, then pay in the office. HC Logs/Cross Rails are $25.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles of any kind allowed on course.
- Print pinny numbers from Compete Easy app. Please bring a pinny holder.
- Ride times will be posted through the Compete Easy app.
- You will get a schedule with the time you will be allowed on the grounds. When your ride is over you can get results in real-time on your phone. Download the COMPETE EASY app.
- Ribbons will be self serve.
- Vet and Farrier will be on call.
- Current Negative Coggins required with entry form. We do not keep coggins on file unless uploaded on website or added to Compete Easy rider profile.
- Loch Moy Farm Liability Waiver (below) required with entry form. We do not keep waivers on file unless uploaded on website or added to Compete Easy rider profile.
- NO unleashed dogs. Unleashed dogs will incur $100 fine and competitor elimination.
- In the interest of horse and rider welfare and safety, the weather forecast will be taken into account at or after the closing date. A sufficiently unfavorable forecast will cancel the event.
In the interest of horse and rider welfare and safety, the weather forecast will be taken into account at or after the closing date. A sufficiently unfavorable forecast will cancel the event. If Loch Moy Farm cancels the event, a full refund will be given through Compete Easy.
Winter XDerby Series Awards
Individual Series Awards
The top 3 riders with the least accumulated points will win special prizes at the end of the series (December 5-6, January 8-9, March 5-6).
- Riders must ride in at least two XDerbies.
- Same horse and rider combination.
- Can do different divisions.
- Only one round per weekend counts toward scoring
- Logs/Crossrails Division is not eligible for points.
- Highest cumulative score wins.
- Scoring calculation: Total penalties will be subtract from 100 for each round. For example: A rider who accumulates 10 total penalties during their round will have a score of 90 for that weekend's derby.
- Eliminations, falls, no-shows, etc. earn zero points. Penalties of more than 100 will also earn zero points.
Team Series Awards
- Compete as part of a team for a chance to win additional prizes.
- Teams are made up of three or four riders.
- If three riders, all scores count toward the team score.
- If four riders, the lowest score is dropped.
- Riders may ride multiple horses for one team.
- Horse substitutions are allowed in the event of lameness, etc. Notify secretary of change in advance.
- A rider’s elimination does not eliminate the team.
- The top team gets prizes, including your names engraved on a perpetual trophy.
- Team must participate in at least two XDerbies.
- Scoring is the same as for Individual Series Awards. Highest cumulative score wins.
- Logs/Crossrails Division is not eligible for team points.