2022 MDHT Starter Series Team Placings
Form teams of 3 or 4 different horse and rider combinations to compete for prizes and medals to be awarded following the November 5 and 6 Championship competition.
Email your team name, members and horses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Points from the three highest scoring team members will be added together to determine the total number of points at each event. Teams can be made up of horse and rider combinations from various levels. Points awarded for top 8 placings as follows:
1st place = 10 points; 2nd place = 8 points; 3rd place = 6 points; 4th place = 5 points; 5th place = 4 points; 6th place = 3 points; 7th place = 2 points; 8th place = 1 point
- Each team must have 3 or 4 different riders. We will not accept teams with one rider on two horses. (A rider can ride different horses for different teams. Reach out and make new friends to form a second team!)
- Each rider should keep the same horse for the whole season. One (1) horse change per rider will be allowed in the event of lameness, illness, sale, etc. Email secretary to declare horse change before the horse’s first competition as part of the team.
- Elimination of any rider(s) at an event does not eliminate the team.
- A rider/horse combination is eligible for points at a given event even if the rest of the team does not participate in that event.
- Combined Tests, Dressage Only and Fix-A-Tests do not count toward team standings or participation.