REMAINING 2022 DATES: Fall Series- September 10-11, October 8-9, November 5-6
EQUINE BIO-SECURITY MEASURES: For MDHT Starters- Use standard bio security practices: Don’t let horses touch or share equipment, drink out of the same bucket, etc. If your horse has a fever, don’t come. Don’t touch other people’s horses. Wash your hands frequently if you must touch other horses e.g. a trainer with multiple students who don’t board in the same barn.
The EDCC recommends a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection for out of state horses and a health declaration for all. We encourage people to take temps and do a self assessment. Safety for all.
Check for the most recent outbreak reports at: https://equinediseasecc.org/alerts
Championship: For the Starter Series, there will be a Championship on the final Starter weekend. There will be a Championship division and regular divisions for each level. In order to qualify for a Championship division, the same horse/rider combination must place 1st - 6th in at least 2 of the prior Starters, at the same level. The level the rider qualifies at will be their Championship level. Combined Tests do not count towards qualifying placings.
Team Competition: Form teams of 3 or 4 horse and rider combinations to compete for prizes and medals to be awarded following the final Starter competition. Points from the three highest scoring team members will be added together to determine the total number of points at each event. Teams can be made up of horse and rider combinations from various levels. Points awarded for top 8 placings as follows:
1st place = 10 points; 2nd place = 8 points; 3rd place = 6 points; 4th place = 5 points; 5th place = 4 points; 6th place = 3 points; 7th place = 2 points; 8th place = 1 point
Starter Trials: The Starter Horse Trials consists of all three phases (dressage, show jumping, cross country) in an unrecognized/starter format. The trials have opening and closing dates, just like the USEF/USEA Recognized Horse Trials. The table below lists the necessary dates for the Starter Horse Trials.
Starter Horse Trial Dates:
Early Bird Closing Date:
Late Closing Date
|May 2||May 8||Closed|
|August 29||September 4||On-line Entry|
* Final Starter (11/5-6) Competition will run championship divisions along with regular divisions for each level. Championship division schedule will be announced closer to the event.
Saturday Divisions: Preliminary-Modified (3’7” Stadium, 3’5” XC) Modified (3’5”), Training (3’3”), Novice (2’11”), Beginner Novice (2’7”)
Sunday Divisions: Novice (2’11”), Beginner Novice (2’7”), Elem (2’ – 2’3”), Intro (18” – 2’)
Horse Trials and CT Dressage Tests (note NEW eventing tests!):
Intro: USDF 2019 Introductory Test A - small arena (20m x 40m) (Walk, Trot)
Elementary: USDF 2019 Introductory Test C - small arena (20m x 40m) (Walk, Trot, and Canter)
Beginner Novice: USEF 2022 BN Eventing Test A - small arena (20m x 40m)
Novice: USEF 2022 Novice Eventing Test A - small arena (20m x 40m)
Training: USEF 2022 Training Eventing Test A - small arena (20m x 40m)
Modified: USEF 2022 Modified Eventing Test A - small arena (20m x 40m)
Preliminary: USEF 2022 Preliminary Eventing Test A - small arena (20m x 40m)
Combined tests must ride the test listed for the level. No substitutions.
- Payment: All payments must be completed on Compete Easy. No checks, no cash, no website or Venmo payment. Certificate/vouchers holders, email the show office at email@example.com for entry instructions.
- Horse Trial: $150 (early bird $125);
- Combined Test: $75 (must ride the test listed for the level. No substitutions). CTs are pinned if there are 3 or more starters at a level; otherwise HC (no ribbon).
- Stabling: $50 per night. We are no longer able to provide a free bag of shavings with your stall. Shavings are $10/bag. Muck deposit of $25 per stall, returned if stall is stripped and swept clean. Please check out at secretary’s stand. All deposits are refunded through Compete Easy.
- Included with Stabling: Come early the day before the event and hack along the river, or school the schooling course for no additional fee when stabling. Applies only to horses entered in the event.
- Shavings: $10/bag
- Change Fee: No charge until final closing date. $25/change after final closing date (dropping down a level is free).
- Office+Scratch Fee: $25/entry (nonrefundable, included in cost of entry).
- Non-Compete Horse Fee: $25 per horse. Include Coggins of non-compete horse with Bridle number will be issued and must be worn while horse is on grounds. (Bring a used or universal bridle number tag! We will not give out bridle numbers).
- Returned Check Fee: $50
- Camping: $50 per night for electric hook-up.
- Refunds: Scratch through the final close date with a refund less $25 office/scratch fee. AFTER THE FINAL CLOSING DATE, NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Wait list: If there is a wait list, a refund or credit less the $25 office/scratch fee will be issued to any scratch whose spot can be filled off the wait list. Entries may not be transferred or sold to others if there is a wait list.
- Show cancellation: If for any reason the show is cancelled, there is no refund. Credits may be issued as circumstances allow.
OTHER RULES and NOTES
- You must print two copies of the pinny number assigned to you with the ride times. The number will also be emailed to you. Bring your numbers and pinny holder with you! Use an old bridle number or buy a universal bridle number. No bridle numbers will be given out at the show.
- Don’t wait until closing date to enter! We fill early. The number of spaces left will be shown in the event details on Compete Easy.
- Scheduling requests must be submitted by the final closing date event. Not all requests can be fulfilled. Requestes submitted after closing are never guaranteed.
- Enter Thoroughbred Incentive Program (TIP) numbers, series team names, and requests for accommodation where specified. All other notes and requests should go in the Notes field.
- Ride times will be posted on the THURSDAY before the show at www.themarylandhorsetrials.
- Vet and farrier will be on call. Numbers will be posted at stabling and on the scoreboard. Inquire for number at office if help is needed.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles of any kind allowed on course or near dressage
- NO unleashed dogs. Unleashed dogs will incur $100 fine and competitor
EVENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Location: Loch Moy Farm, 1235 Park Mills Road, Adamstown, MD 21710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 301-514-0111
- Website: themarylandhorsetrials.com