- 7 paddocks with run in sheds and auto/heated waterers.
- One large field with run in shed and auto/heated water.
- 100 x 200' sand ring.
- Large Round pen
- 30 x 30 Tack room with laundry facilities.
- Bank Barn - 7 12x12 wood stalls w/mats. tack room, wash stall, hay and equipment storage
- 4 stall barn w/mats, electric/ lights
- 3 stall barn w/mats, electric/lights with separate paddock.
- Ample Trailer parking.
- Trash + snow removal, lawn mowing included.
- Use of xctry schooling course and miles of wooded and river trails
We continue to partner with the Retired Racehorse Training Project to recognize and promote the athleticism and versatility of Thoroughbred racehorses that have retired from the track and moved on to new careers. For MDHT Spring Starter #3, RRTP is offering prizes for the Overall Best Score, and Best Score in a Division by an off-track Thoroughbred.
Declare your former (or formerly aspiring) racehorse by May 24th to be eligible for one of these prizes. Send us an email or fax (866-533-2125) with the following information:
| Rider Name (and owner name if different)
| Horse Name (and Jockey Club Registered Name, if known)
| Year Foaled
| Sire/Dam and racing or training history, if known
| A few fun or interesting things about your horse
The Retired Racehorse Training Project's "Best Score by an OTTB" at the May 11 Loch Moy Farm Dressage Show is awarded to Hit the Jackpot, ridden by junior Karlee Duda. Hit the Jackpot, a 9-year-old gelding, received a 72.5% at the Introductory level, and took 1st place in his division. Karlee will receive a RRTP saddle pad and hat.
Reserve "Best Score by an OTTB" is awarded to Sunny Smiles, ridden by junior Livia Schuller. Sunny Smiles, a 5-year-old mare, received a penalty score of 30 at the Novice level, and took 2nd place in her division. Livia will receive a RRTP t-shirt.
Registration for May 29 will remain open through Sunday, May 26.
About Twilight Eventing
- Have ALL your gear required for the three phases and your horse.
- After your warm up, proceed to your Dressage arena ready to start at your appointed time. Late arrivals will not be honored. Dressage is run and scored under the same rules as for USEA events.
- Put on your horse's SJ boots, warm up over a few jumps in the warm up area and proceed to the SJ arena.
- SJ is run and scored under the same rules as for USEA events.
- Change your horse's boots, put on your vest and proceed to the start of the cross-country course.
- If riding multiple horses, bring a groom to handle your horses between rides. The compressed format makes it difficult to be on time for multiple rides without assistance.
by Point Two Air Vests
(to be eligible you must compete in all 3 of the Spring 2013 Series of Starter HT)
The MDHT Spring Schooling Series sponsored by Point Two Air Vests
All Horse/Rider combinations that compete at all three MDHT Spring Series are eligible for the Spring MDHT Series Silver Tray and a Point Two Air Vest and Prizes. Points will be accumulated at any level and are awarded as follows:
March 24 | April 14 | May 26
If entering through Event Entries, please be sure to send us the Loch Moy Farm waiver instead of the USEA/USEF signature page. It can be found on our Competition Forms page.
- Levels Intro, Elementary, Beginner Novice, Novice, and Training
- $110/Division per show. Mail your entry form in with payment or pay through PayPal on our homepage!
- Refunds will be issued, scratch before closing date, less $25 office fee (must be in writing)
- Extra Show Jumping Rounds offered at $20 each, advanced registration only
- Stabling: Come early the day before the event and hack along the river, or school the schooling course for no additional fee when stabling. $50/night, straw only, bale of straw included for bedding, additional bales available @ $8/bale. Muck deposit of $25, returned if stall is stripped. Please check out at secretary’s stand.
- $10 Change fee, $50 bounced check fee.
- $15 Late fee if received after closing date (10 days proir to event date)
Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated. Volunteer for 3 events in 2013 for a chance to win a $200 Gift Certificate! Volunteers also get a cross country schooling pass and free MDHT logowear! Sign up today!
Loch Moy Farm 2013 Calendar of Events
All dates and events are subject to change.
More information may be available on the events pages.
See the XC Schooling page for more information on Cross Country Schooling.